Calling all dancers ages 6.5 through pre professional who love to dance and perform! The IDTPG program has options for dancers who:
- …Would like to perform and participate at competitions and conventions throughout the season (options for those who would like to perform less or more).
- …Would prefer to perform one (or all!) type(s) of dance disciplines.
- …Would like to participate in community volunteer opportunities and performances.
- …Would like to only participate in Youth America Grand Prix Ballet Competition for Variations or an Ensemble piece. (Winter 2016).
- …Simply would like to perform at a higher level with their peers for an outside performance event or festival. No minimum requirement for our high level dancers who are already committing a great deal of hours to their dance training and academics. We want there to be a place for all dancers and a variety of goals.
Benefits of the Program:
These groups perform at competitions, festivals, IDT Performances and community events in addition to their heightened training and classes.
The program focuses on educating young people to strive for their personal best in anything they want to accomplish. We achieve our goals for the program by offering young people the chance to:
- Gain a sense of balance in life by managing their commitments to both dance and academics;
- Participate in a physical activity that enhances understanding of the value of a healthy body;
- Develop a sense of confidence when speaking or making a presentation in a public setting,
- which is also a great benefit in college or job interviews;
- Work with mentors who are focused on the students’ success inside and outside of the classroom;
- Enjoy friendships that could last a lifetime and a sense of belonging to an extended family of fellow dancers, teachers, and parents;
Discover the results of hard work and determination; and
Develop a lifelong appreciation for the performing arts.
The IDTPG program overview packet can be picked up directly at IDT, together with your audition form, or it can be viewed via PDF on the ‘Restricted” Page of this website which is for parents and students only. If you are a current student at IDT, simply create an account on this website, and following approval from the IDT office, you will have access to this page which includes other handy parent/student documents.
Again, call the IDT offices with any questions to ensure you obtain your copy in advance.
We are very excited for an amazing 2015 – 16 Season and School Year!