Join the IDT Family!
Employment Opportunities Summer, 2016 – 17 School Year
Tap, Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Classical Ballet, Preschool Dance Teachers
ISSAQUAH DANCE THEATRE is seeking instructors for the upcoming 2016 – 17 school year. We are looking for high caliber, proficient teachers for advanced students as well as inspiring, fun and nurturing teachers for our younger students and Creative Movement classes. A degree, professional background or equivalent teaching experience is required.
Dance Studio Front Office Business Administration (Internships Available) – IDT is currently not hiring for this position. Resumes are still accepted and kept on file.
Office Business Administrator/Arts Management
Issaquah Dance Theatre seeks a highly motivated, positive individual for an integral position at our large, fast-paced dance school. This position will encompass many facets of arts management and business administration, including marketing, accounting, billing, retail shoppe management, inventory management, event planning, and customer relations. Depending on the applicant’s interests and extent of their dance background, the position could additionally include teaching and choreographing opportunities. This position has room for significant growth within our organization based on the skills and enthusiasm of the individual who joins our team.
Responsibilities may include:
• Day-to-day office administration (including registration and retail services)
• Facility maintenance
• Customer relations
• Project development (organizing, prioritizing, and responding to a large volume of requests, phone calls, and emails)
• Administrative support of multiple productions and performances
• Attendance and participation in school and community events and activities
• Maintenance of customer databases, spreadsheets, and contact distribution lists
• Accounts receivables, collections
• Financial reporting
• Social networking
• HR administration
Retail Sales and Operations:
• Visual merchandising of office and dance shoppe (maintaining tight organization and appearance of inventory)
• Inventory orders, receivables, and sales in dance shoppe
. . . and more!
• A desire to become integrated into a tight knit arts community in Issaquah
• An interest in working with families and children
• A passion for the arts and education
• Excellent attention to detail
• Effective communication skills
• Self motivation
• An ability to keep calm in busy environments
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) on both PC and Mac platforms
• Proficiency with Adobe Suite/web design/graphic design experience is a plus
• Ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends with a flexible schedule
• Experience in a similar or comparable role is preferred
• Supervisory and/or leadership experience is desirable
• B.A./B.S or equivalent experience required
• An enthusiasm for lifelong learning and continued professional development
• Dance training/background
We are looking for an individual significant tact, courtesy, patience, and strong customer service skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees after a 3-month trial period. Benefits are personalized to fit your needs and can include medical insurance, paid time off, retirement, and perks such as mobile phone, memberships, travel, and training opportunities.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and letters of recommendation via email email@example.com Please have your cover letter in the body of the email, and attach your resume, letters of recommendation, and any other documents you want us to view. We look forward to finding a true fit for this position where you will love your job and we will love having you as a member of the IDT community!